Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the submarine Optical Fibre Cable between Chennai and Port Blair by way of video conferencing on Monday morning.
The submarine optical fibre cable hyperlink will ship bandwidth of two x 200 Gigabits per second (Gbps) between Chennai and Port Blair, and a couple of x 100 Gbps between Port Blair and the opposite islands of Andaman and Nicobar Islands chain.
The muse stone for this mission was laid by the PM on December 30, 2018 at Port Blair.
Listed below are the highlights of the PM’s tackle on the event:
– I’m hopeful that by our efforts as we speak, not solely will the islands and its residents get new amenities within the coming decade however it is going to additionally set up Andaman and Nicobar on the world vacationer map in a serious method.
– The trendy infrastructure that’s being developed in Andaman Nicobar is a key side for blue economic system. A significant a part of blue economic system is fisheries, aqua tradition and sea-weed farming. A number of international locations are exploring the probabilities of sea-weed farming as we speak
– There’s a proposal to construct a transshipment port in Nice Nicobar at an estimated price of Rs 10,000 crore. Efforts are on to have the primary part of this mission operational within the subsequent 4-5 years. As soon as it’s prepared, massive ships shall be in a position to dock right here
– The 4 ships being constructed at Kochi shipyard to enhance water connectivity between the islands and the remainder of the nation will be delivered in a number of months
– In 12 islands of Andaman and Nicobar Islands, high-impact initiatives are being expanded. A significant concern of cellular and web connectivity has been solved as we speak, and we’re working in direction of fixing highway, air and water connectivity
– Higher web connectivity is among the first wants of any tourism hub. This downside has now been solved. ourists will now be in no rush to return and thus, they’ll benefit from the sea-food and the islands. This may assist tourism and employment within the area
- This submarine OFC mission that connects Andaman Nicobar Islands to the remainder of the world is an emblem of our dedication in direction of ease of residing. Hundreds of households in Andaman-Nicobar will now get its entry, the residents will reap the advantages of web connectivity
– My congratulations to each one linked with this mission.
-That is an early present for the folks of Andaman and Nicobar on Independence Day. Laying 2,300 km cable underneath sea and that too, earlier than schedule, whereas additionally sustaining the standard of cable is a commendable job. This isn’t a straightforward mission
– The cable connectivity between Chennai and Port Blair has begun from as we speak. My greetings to the residents of Andaman and Nicobar Islands for this, says the PM