An explosion triggered by hearth came about in a cracker manufacturing unit at Ibban Kalan village within the Amritsar district on Saturday morning.
Three-four labourers current within the manufacturing unit on the time of the incident escaped unharmed. The blast that came about round 9am was so highly effective that it ripped aside some partitions of the manufacturing unit.
The fireplace broke out within the unit attributable to brief circuit, police stated. It took almost two hours for 4 hearth tenders to douse the flames.
Police officers stated their preliminary investigation steered that the manufacturing unit was authorized as its proprietor Tarwinder Singh has the licence to run it.
“4 of our hearth tenders reached the spot inside 15 minutes of getting info. The fireplace was doused by 11am,” stated hearth officer Lovepreet Singh.
Chatiwind police station in-charge Kashmir Singh stated, “As per the statements of the labourers, the hearth broke out attributable to a brief circuit that came about whereas switching on a tubewell motor. Although manufacturing unit proprietor Tarwinder Singh of East Mohan Nagar in Amritsar has produced the licence , we’re registering a case of negligence in opposition to him.”
Sub-divisional Justice of the Peace (Amritsar-2 SDM) Shiv Raj Singh Ball stated, “We are going to examine the information of the manufacturing unit. It’s going to even be probed whether or not the manufacturing unit proprietor was following correct tips whereas working the unit.”