No less than three folks died and 60 police personnel had been injured after violence broke out within the japanese a part of Karnataka’s Bengaluru on Tuesday night time over a social media message, which was allegedly posted by a relative of a Congress legislator.
Bengaluru Police have arrested 149 folks for arson, stone-pelting and assault on the police, officers stated. Congress’ member of legislative meeting (MLA) Srinivas Murthy’s nephew was additionally arrested for sharing the “derogatory” publish on Fb.
Chief minister BS Yediyurappa tweeted to sentence the violence and that he has already ordered motion in opposition to these taking the regulation into their fingers. Yediyurappa stated those that attacked the police, media and the general public is not going to be spared and strict motion will probably be taken. He additionally appealed for calm.
Here’s what we all know up to now:
• The violence broke out in Pulakeshi Nagar of the state capital of Karnataka after protesters vandalised a police station and Congress chief Murthy’s home. They hurled bottles and stones on the legislator’s home and the policemen, officers stated.
• Murthy’s home was attacked by folks for an alleged controversial publish on Fb relating to a spiritual determine by his nephew.
• The protesters additionally broken a few of the autos parked close to the MLA’s hosue.
• Folks acquainted with the event stated the person arrested for posting the content material has denied his function, saying his social media account was hacked.
• “DG Halli and KG Halli noticed violent incidents. To convey this underneath management, police used lathi cost, tear fuel and firing. Police Commissioner went to the spot. Police bandobast is in place. Strict motion will probably be taken in opposition to these offenders,” Bengaluru Police tweeted.
• Murthy appealed to the protesters to not resort to violence in a video message. “There is no such thing as a must battle. All of us are brothers. We are going to get the particular person punished as per regulation. We will even be with you,” he stated.
• Bengaluru Police commissioner Kamal Pant additionally tweeted to enchantment for peace.
• Curfew was imposed in DJ Halli and KG Halli police station limits after violence broke out within the space.
• Police have imposed Part 144 of Code of Felony Process (CrPC) in Bengaluru to ban the meeting of 4 or extra individuals in an space.
• Basavaraj Bommai, Karnataka’s residence minister, additionally stated no one will probably be allowed to take the regulation into their very own fingers. He added that further police forces have been deployed to keep up regulation and order.
• Extra police forces are being rushed and leaves of all personnel have been cancelled to make sure sufficient safety on the bottom throughout town, in accordance with folks acquainted with the event.